- Average US yearly income was $7,300
- Gas cost $.33.
- Average US house was $14,250.
- Average UK house was £3,840.
- Six-Day War starts as neighboring Arab countries attack Israel.
- UK and Ireland apply for EEC membership.
- Suez Canal closed (will remain shut until 1975).
- Sweden switches to driving on the right.
- Biafra claims its independence from Nigeria.
- Greece sees a military coup and Papadopoulos takes over.
- Red China tests its first hydrogen bomb.
- UK devalues the pound, dropping it from $2.80 to $2.40.
- Public Broadcasting starts.
- First Super Bowl was played between the Packers and the Chiefs.
- The Monterey Music Festival held.
- The musical Hair premieres.
- We were watching crime pay for great actors in Bonnie and Clyde.
- Paul Newman had a 'failure to communicate as Cool Hand Luke."
- Teaching looked cool when done by Poitier in To Sir, With Love.