- Average US yearly income was $35,900
- Gas cost $1.09.
- Average US house was $113,150.
- Average UK house was £68,183.
- Oklahoma City Federal Building destroyed by bomb blast killing 168 people.
- US pulls out of Somalia
- US imposes economic sanctions against Iran.
- Nigeria is kicked out of the Commonwealth for human rights abuses.
- UN intervenes in Bosnian conflict and war eventually ends.
- Sarin gas released in a Japanese train station killing 12 and hurting 5,000.
- World Trade Organization starts, replacing GATT.
- Israeli Prime Minister Rabin killed by a right-wing Israeli gunman.
- Quebec referendum to become independent narrowly defeated.
- DVD format is announced.
- Russian cosmonaut returns from 438 days in space.
- Grateful Deal announce break up.
- O.J. found not guilty showing there is no intelligent life in L.A.
- Toy Story gives new life to animated films while Bond.
- James Bond is back in great style in Goldeneye.
- Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson show they would Die Hard with a Vengeance.