The last ten major changes to the site.
- 09/23/2019 - A light comedy about agents who do wetwork joins the compendium today. It deals with two male agents who work for an unspecified government agency and a female DEA agent who get thrown together in some very entertaining situations. The title of the series is which is, well, unusual but kind of indicative of the books.
- 09/22/2019 - A bit of a step out of the normal for me with this entry in that the character, is the kind of character so many of those members here would be sent after. She is a professional freelance assassin who specializes in making her hits look like accidents or natural deaths. She is so good that even though she is not known to many, she is the target of quite a few Intelligence organizations around the world. Kind of an interesting mirror image. She is a hoot, though. And Dutch. Think that's a first for me.
- 09/22/2019 - First Look: is an agent with Homeland Security, a sniper trained by the Navy and now working for more than a decade at hunting down and stopping some very bad people.
- 09/21/2019 - First Look: Two series by the same impressive writer join the compendium today. One has been waiting for some time and the other is pretty new. The first is , a former Delta operative now leading a covert department in the FBI to handle acts of terror. This looks really exciting and I am anxious to read more. The other I have actually started and am enjoying it a lot. It is about a college professor who is actually a highly trained and experienced CIA agent - he just does not remember it. That gentleman is Kent Steele, designated . Please welcome them both.
- 09/20/2019 - The wonderful mother who taught her son the incredible joy of reading, whether it was mysteries or suspense or westerns or comedy or, yes, even romance, passed from my life last night. Though we lived far apart for decades, we talked constantly and the subjects usually wound their way back to what we had just read, were reading, or was going to read next. Even as she was nearing the end, up to a week before her departure, she was reading and talking about what she was reading and commenting on what the writer did well and not so well. We had such terrific discussions on what made a good story and I owe my love of books to her. I will miss you deeply, Mom.
- 09/20/2019 - Coming Soon: A charter boat captain who is quite content to stay one (who can blame him?) gets almost shanghaied into working for the CIA, all because of a beautiful woman. There are four adventures in this Caribbean-area spy series. Please welcome to the compendium.
- 09/19/2019 - First Look: I would introduce you to , agent with Sector 3, a ultra-secret division of MI-6, except that Lane is not his real name, apparently. How's that for security? There are 5 adventures of this man to enjoy.
- 09/19/2019 - I have always been nervous around conspiracy theorists because, well, they make me nervous. This series that I add today to the compendium is not about one per se but about a man who gets wrapped up in situations which are conspiring around him. Not quite the same thing but close. Please welcome .
- 09/18/2019 - Coming Soon: is a young man freshly out of training working for the Global Intelligence Network (G.I.N.). This one has been waiting for me to get off my duff for some time and if I had realized as I should have that it was by the same man who has the terrific website I would have done so long ago. I can be soooo slow.
- 09/18/2019 - The series I add to the compendium today has a former employee of the CIA, albeit not an agent per se, brought back into action when some very, very nasty people get up to some very naughty and deadly activities and the world is about to climb into the hand basket for a trip to an unpleasant place. is a very intelligent man who is asked to help out when nasty stuff has hit the fan and it is entertaining to watch how he and the world copes.
More What's New!
Say the word SPY to most people and they will respond with James Bond,
with good reason as he is the best known of all fictional spies. With 20+ blockbuster movies over the last 40+ years,
along with the standard movie hype, virtually the entire world knows about 007 and his License To Kill.
Of course, James Bond is by no means the only spy in the world of fiction, just the best known. Who are the rest?
Who has his or her own license to kill, thrill, or chill. How do these agents stack up against each other? Who would
you want beside you in a car chase, in a knife fight, in a dark alley, or beneath the covers?
This site is dedicated to the many, many men and women who, at least in fiction, have defended our freedoms against all forms of enemies, foreign and domestic. Well, granted a few of them were just in it for the money and many were only after the excitement, and sex played a huge role in the motivation of more than a few. But still, their actions helped not only preserve our way of life (on paper) but also brought us, the readers, many hours of escapism and vicarious pleasure.
So, who are these people that I have slaved so diligently to present to you? They are the men and women of spy-fi about whom there is a series. Single-book characters need not apply. There has to be at least two books. Two's the minimum but the more the merrier.
Moreover, I have confined membership to the English language. If it wasn't put into English so I can read it, I haven't worried about it.
Each spy has his or her own page. Click on the "Characters" button to go to a listing page. Click on the letter the
character's last name starts with (or a more common moniker like "Death Merchant" if appropriate). That will take one
step further into the labrynth. Finally, select the character's name from the list and, voila!