- Average US yearly income was $????
- Gas cost $.22.
- Average US house was $10,250.
- Average UK house was £1,970.
- French army is defeated by the Vietnamese and begin pulling out.
- Vietnam is split at the 17th parallel
- Senator McCarthy escalates his anti-Communist witch hunt
- Eisenhower signs the bill outlawing the Communist Party in the US
- Guatemala has a new leader in Armas, backed by the CIA.
- 4-minute mile broken.
- DNA double helix described.
- Sports Illustrated is first published.
- Elvis Presley begins his career.
- World Series is broadcast in color.
- Marlon Brando coulda been somebody On the Waterfront.
- While Humphrey Bogart battled The Caine Mutiny while playing with marbles.
- We sailed 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea with James Mason.