The last ten major changes to the site.
- 10/20/2019 - First Look: This five-book series about straddles the line between detective, paranormal, and spy fiction and looks very, very interesting, not to mention just a wee bit creepy. Just my kind of books. Grey was, at the start of the series, an agent with the State Department's Diplomatic Security force but he goes into the private sector to become an investigator who has Interpol as a major client. What he and his friend Viktor look into, is like international spooky. Check him out.
- 10/20/2019 - The first Romanian agent we have had joins the compendium today. was a decent, caring woman until Alex, from the organization known as Elite by the very few who know it exists, took her under his wing and changed her into the deadly assassin she is now. This five-book series really delves into her thoughts and desires as she plies her trade. It also really makes you learn to hate Alex.
- 10/20/2019 - Added to these series: and .
- 10/19/2019 - First Look: The entrant into the compendium is there because the CIA is very, very interested in a rather unique talent that has. For that reason, they force him into working for them despite his lack of desire. This results in what looks to be a very interesting two-book series.
- 10/19/2019 - First Look: Continuing my very slow advance into Movies and TV only series, I present the man himself, Chuck Norris, who helped created a two-adventure made-for-television series about a Secret Service agent who is really the President's Man. shows that even getting up there in age, the man can still kick up a storm.
- 10/18/2019 - First Look: As mentions early on in the first adventure of this man, "Being offered $1,000,000 to kill a man can really skew your prerogatives in life". That's never happened to me, yet anyways, so I will take his word for it. This two-book series is looking quite fun so I hope to finish reading it soon but until then, you can check him out with what I know so far.
- 10/18/2019 - With considerable unpleasantness, I present today's comicbook spy series from 1940-1941. Luckily each of the 16 adventures were short, usually 5 pages each, or else I might not have been able to finish them, they were so bad. Except for the last three which were actually not bad. As a result of that trio, a D- grade was moved to a D+. Still not good, of course. Saber, , is thus admitted to the compendium.
- 10/17/2019 - First Look: Imagine you are in Middle School and the CIA asks you to join them. Cool, huh? But what if that happens and then you find out they want you as bait? Bait typically gets eaten. Not so cool. The 7-book (so far) young adult series about and Ben Ripley joins the compendium today and is a very fast, fun read.
- 10/17/2019 - First Look: An chap from Irish Intelligence (we do not get that many characters from that organization - must keep a low profile) active during the beginning years of WWII joins the compendium. Written recently but filled with atmosphere from back them. This is a trilogy about .
- 10/16/2019 - First Look: An ad man who is canned gets pulled into a completely different line of work when a CIA recruiter sees in him the makings of an assassin. has an interesting life which gets stranger yet.
More What's New!
Say the word SPY to most people and they will respond with James Bond,
with good reason as he is the best known of all fictional spies. With 20+ blockbuster movies over the last 40+ years,
along with the standard movie hype, virtually the entire world knows about 007 and his License To Kill.
Of course, James Bond is by no means the only spy in the world of fiction, just the best known. Who are the rest?
Who has his or her own license to kill, thrill, or chill. How do these agents stack up against each other? Who would
you want beside you in a car chase, in a knife fight, in a dark alley, or beneath the covers?
This site is dedicated to the many, many men and women who, at least in fiction, have defended our freedoms against all forms of enemies, foreign and domestic. Well, granted a few of them were just in it for the money and many were only after the excitement, and sex played a huge role in the motivation of more than a few. But still, their actions helped not only preserve our way of life (on paper) but also brought us, the readers, many hours of escapism and vicarious pleasure.
So, who are these people that I have slaved so diligently to present to you? They are the men and women of spy-fi about whom there is a series. Single-book characters need not apply. There has to be at least two books. Two's the minimum but the more the merrier.
Moreover, I have confined membership to the English language. If it wasn't put into English so I can read it, I haven't worried about it.
Each spy has his or her own page. Click on the "Characters" button to go to a listing page. Click on the letter the
character's last name starts with (or a more common moniker like "Death Merchant" if appropriate). That will take one
step further into the labrynth. Finally, select the character's name from the list and, voila!